Subscribe today. Decorate a beautiful sunflower cake with Oreo cookies and yellow frosting. Jill will show you the simple way to create the sunflower petals and …
Subscribe today. Decorate a beautiful sunflower cake with Oreo cookies and yellow frosting. Jill will show you the simple way to create the sunflower petals and make it spectacular. Get full recipe and how-to’s at http://www.SweetArtMadeSimple.com
Frosted Cake (I used a 8-inch round cake)
Buttercream Frosting (recipe below)
Yellow and green food color gel
#352 Decorating tips (2)
Disposable decorating bag
Yellow candies (I used yellow sixlets candy) – optional
1 cup (2 sticks) butter (salted, or unsalted)
1 cup Crisco shortening
1/4 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter)
4 – 6 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon pure almond extract (best quality available)
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream, half and half or milk.
* In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix softened butter and crisco together.
* Add salt (if needed).
* One cup at time, add 2-3 cups of powdered sugar, beating after each addition.
* Add vanilla, or other flavorings and beat to combine.
* Add about 1 tablespoon of cream, and continue beating.
* Add the remaining 2-3 cups powdered sugar, one at a time.
* Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons cream until desired consistency is reached. If you want to pipe the frosting on cupcakes, the frosting should be nice and thick. Continue to beat another minute or so. The frosting should now be smooth and fluffy.
Subscribe to our channel for three new videos each week!
JOIN ME for MORE Videos, Recipes, How-To’s and Decorating!
Decorating Supplies: http://www.SweetArtFactory.com